- Feb 20, 2023Solana Beach and Oxnard City Council Members will serve as Chair and Vice Chair of the LOSSAN Agency
Jewel Edson, Solana Beach City Council Member and Bryan MacDonald, Oxnard City Council Member, have been selected to lead the Los Angeles – San Diego – San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency (Agency) Board of Directors (Board) in 2023 and provide oversight of key initiatives outlined in the LOSSAN Agency's annual business plan.
- Feb 1, 2023Grant provides funding for corridor improvements and the Central Coast Layover Facility
The Los Angeles – San Diego – San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency, which manages the Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® service, was awarded $31 million to fund a package of projects that will expand and improve passenger rail service in southern California.
- Jan 23, 2023Trains will travel between San Diego and Orange County on Saturdays and Sundays without a bus connection, while tracks remain closed on weekdays for construction
Trains will travel between San Diego and Orange County on Saturdays and Sundays without a bus connection, while tracks remain closed on weekdays for construction.
- Nov 15, 2022Jewell has served as interim director since April and has extensive experience in transportation and finance
Jason Jewell is appointed Managing Director of the Los Angeles-San Diego-San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency, the second busiest intercity passenger rail corridor in the nation.
- Nov 14, 2022Amtrak Pacific Surfliner Announces Temporary Service Adjustments for the Thanksgiving Holiday Travel Period
Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® will implement temporary service adjustments to safely manage a projected increase in travelers around the Thanksgiving holiday. An advanced reservation will be required to travel on board Pacific Surfliner trains and connecting bus service beginning Wednesday, Nov. 23 through Monday, Nov. 28, 2022.