- Feb 20, 2023Solana Beach and Oxnard City Council Members will serve as Chair and Vice Chair of the LOSSAN Agency
Jewel Edson, Solana Beach City Council Member and Bryan MacDonald, Oxnard City Council Member, have been selected to lead the Los Angeles – San Diego – San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency (Agency) Board of Directors (Board) in 2023 and provide oversight of key initiatives outlined in the LOSSAN Agency's annual business plan.
- Feb 1, 2023Grant provides funding for corridor improvements and the Central Coast Layover Facility
The Los Angeles – San Diego – San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency, which manages the Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® service, was awarded $31 million to fund a package of projects that will expand and improve passenger rail service in southern California.
- Jan 23, 2023Trains will travel between San Diego and Orange County on Saturdays and Sundays without a bus connection, while tracks remain closed on weekdays for construction
Trains will travel between San Diego and Orange County on Saturdays and Sundays without a bus connection, while tracks remain closed on weekdays for construction.
- Nov 15, 2022Jewell has served as interim director since April and has extensive experience in transportation and finance
Jason Jewell is appointed Managing Director of the Los Angeles-San Diego-San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency, the second busiest intercity passenger rail corridor in the nation.
- Nov 14, 2022Amtrak Pacific Surfliner Announces Temporary Service Adjustments for the Thanksgiving Holiday Travel Period
Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® will implement temporary service adjustments to safely manage a projected increase in travelers around the Thanksgiving holiday. An advanced reservation will be required to travel on board Pacific Surfliner trains and connecting bus service beginning Wednesday, Nov. 23 through Monday, Nov. 28, 2022.
- Sep 30, 2022Emergency maintenance in the San Clemente area will close portions of the track until further notice
Pacific Surfliner service is temporarily suspended between Irvine and San Diego. There is a need for repairs to the tracks in San Clemente following recent storms.
- Sep 27, 2022Reclining leather seats, a fresh look, an expanded drink selection, and other perks for Business Class passengers traveling through Southern California on the Pacific Surfliner
The Los Angeles – San Diego – San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency, which manages the Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® service, has introduced a new look for its Business Class train equipment.
- Sep 14, 2022Portions of the Pacific Surfliner Route may experience service interruption starting on Thursday with an unknown end date
Due to ongoing contract negotiations involving freight railroad worker unions, sections of the Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® service may experience a disruption beginning 8:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday, September 15 until an agreement is reached.
- Aug 30, 2022Pacific Surfliner and California Operation Lifesaver will kick off Rail Safety Month on September 1
In recognition of Rail Safety Month and U.S. Rail Safety Week, the LOSSAN Rail Corridor Agency will partner with California Operation Lifesaver to spread awareness about the importance of safety around train tracks.
- Aug 2, 2022Riders can save on train travel to San Diego plus discounted admission starting in August
The Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® has partnered with the San Diego Zoo to offer special savings to Pacific Surfliner customers for a limited time.