- Nov 16, 2023Reservations will be required during the Thanksgiving travel period and a Los Angeles Union Station closure will lead to temporary schedule changes in December
Reservations will be required during the Thanksgiving travel period and a Los Angeles Union Station closure will lead to temporary schedule changes in December
- Oct 3, 2023Amtrak Pacific Surfliner Rail Service Reduces Fleet's Environmental Impact With Sustainable Fuel AlternativeAmtrak® Pacific Surfliner® service transitions to a more sustainable fuel made from renewable raw materials
Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® is proud to announce that the passenger rail fleet is now powered by a more sustainable fuel alternative
- Aug 31, 2023A rail safety initiative to prevent railroad incidents through outreach and education
The LOSSAN Agency announces Operation Safe Surfs, a Rail Safety Initiative. The initiative designed to enhance rail safety awareness and curtail pedestrian and automobile incidents along the railroad.
- Jul 13, 2023Amtrak Pacific Surfliner Adds Special Service Ahead of San Diego Comic-Con, X Games California Finals Weekend, and Del Mar Racetrack Opening DayReturn of daily train service through San Clemente along with additional departures make the Pacific Surfliner a convenient transportation option to major Southern California events
Amtrak Pacific Surfliner Adds Special Service Ahead of San Diego Comic-Con, X Games California Finals Weekend, and Del Mar Racetrack Opening Day
Jun 26, 2023X Games Partners with Visit Ventura, Ventura County Coast and Amtrak Pacific Surfliner to Provide Easy and Accessible Sustainable Travel Up and Down Southern California Coast to X Games in Ventura, CA, July 21-23Debut of Pacific Surfliner Train Wrap to Feature X Games Athletes Sky Brown, Rayssa Leal, Nyjah Huston, Kevin Peraza, Jackson Strong, Jamie Foy and Garrett Reynolds along with Added Train Service and Special Promotions
Today, X Games, the leading action sports content provider and event producer, announced more detailed information about its partnership with Visit Ventura and Amtrak Pacific Surfliner – an unprecedented partnership which will provide access from key Southern California cities to the X Games event, bringing ticket-holders to and from Ventura this summer.
- Feb 20, 2023Solana Beach and Oxnard City Council Members will serve as Chair and Vice Chair of the LOSSAN Agency
Jewel Edson, Solana Beach City Council Member and Bryan MacDonald, Oxnard City Council Member, have been selected to lead the Los Angeles – San Diego – San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency (Agency) Board of Directors (Board) in 2023 and provide oversight of key initiatives outlined in the LOSSAN Agency's annual business plan.
- Feb 1, 2023Grant provides funding for corridor improvements and the Central Coast Layover Facility
The Los Angeles – San Diego – San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency, which manages the Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® service, was awarded $31 million to fund a package of projects that will expand and improve passenger rail service in southern California.
- Jan 23, 2023Trains will travel between San Diego and Orange County on Saturdays and Sundays without a bus connection, while tracks remain closed on weekdays for construction
Trains will travel between San Diego and Orange County on Saturdays and Sundays without a bus connection, while tracks remain closed on weekdays for construction.
- Nov 15, 2022Jewell has served as interim director since April and has extensive experience in transportation and finance
Jason Jewell is appointed Managing Director of the Los Angeles-San Diego-San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency, the second busiest intercity passenger rail corridor in the nation.
- Nov 14, 2022Amtrak Pacific Surfliner Announces Temporary Service Adjustments for the Thanksgiving Holiday Travel Period
Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® will implement temporary service adjustments to safely manage a projected increase in travelers around the Thanksgiving holiday. An advanced reservation will be required to travel on board Pacific Surfliner trains and connecting bus service beginning Wednesday, Nov. 23 through Monday, Nov. 28, 2022.